Shimla: The State Cabinet in its meeting held here today under the Chairmanship of Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur decided to recommend to the Governor to convene the Budget Session of Himachal Pradesh Vidhan Sabha from 26th February to 20th March, 2021. It would have 17 sittings.
- It was decided all government educational institutions in Sarkaghat Sub Division of Mandi district would be opened from 8th February, 2021. It was also decided that if any teacher/employee or student is found Covid-19 positive in any educational institutions of the State then the institution would be closed for 48 hours and would be opened after sanitization as per protocol.
- It was also decided that students of 6th and 7th classes would also attend their respective schools for study from 15th February, 2021. It was also decided that students of 1st to 4th standard would attend the online classes from their homes.
The Cabinet decided to suspend the serving cooked meals in schools under Mid Day Meal Scheme till 31st March, 2021. During this period, dry ration would be provided to students and the cooking cost would be transferred in the accounts of the beneficiary/guardians. Academic session 2021-22 would start from 1st April, 2021.
- It decided to allot 20 kanals and one marla land of Industries department at Tahliwal in Una district in favour of Haroli Industrial Infrastructure Development Society for the period of 30 years on lease at one rupee per square meter annually for setting up General Engineering Cluster.
- The Cabinet gave its nod to deploy 30 Home Guards volunteers on daily basis in Baddi District Police for strengthening law, order and traffic system.
- It also gave its consent for framing of Himachal Pradesh Taxation (on Certain Goods Carried by Road) Rules 2021 by repealing the Himachal Pradesh Taxation (on Certain Goods Carried by Road) Rules, 1993 to make all payments of taxes, demand or any other sum through electronic mode also in addition to manual mode.
- It decided to provide one modern ambulance in every medical college of the State for three months to be operated through M/s GVK EMRI to facilitate the patients.
- The Cabinet decided to notify the draft Right of Way Policy- 2021 to set out a transparent and time bound process for giving right of way approvals for setting up telecom infrastructure. It would also help in implementing Ease of Doing Business in the Telecom Sector.
- The Cabinet gave its approval to fill up 150 posts of drivers/operators in Public Works Department through the process of Limited Direct Recruitment.
- It also decided to fill up 50 posts of Frash-cum-Chowkidar- cum-Mali on daily basis through direct recruitment and 28 posts of sweeper on outsource basis in H.P. Secretariat.
- The Cabinet gave its approval to appoint 10 posts of Clerk and seven posts of class-IV in Health and Family Welfare Department on compassionate ground.
- It also decided to fill up five posts of drivers in Information and Public Relations Department.
- The Cabinet gave its nod for Himachal Pradesh Water Sports and Allied Activities Draft Rules, 2021 and Himachal Pradesh Miscellaneous Adventure Activities (Amendment) Rules, 2021 for ensuring more safety measures during different adventure activities.
- The Cabinet also approved Himachal Pradesh Aero Sports Rules-2020 to promote aero sports activities in the State.
- Presentation on Covid-19 situation and re-opening of educational institutions were also made before the Cabinet.