SHIMLA:The Cabinet in its meeting here today expressed condolences over the bus accidents in Banjar in Kullu district in which 44 people died and at Janjhiri in Shimla town recently in which two school girls and driver of the bus lost their lives.
Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur presided over the meeting.
- The Cabinet gave its approval to set up Lead Agency/Road Safety Cell headed by Director/Commissioner, Transport in the Directorate of Transport to ensure road safety and proper enforcement of road safety laws in the State. The Cell will monitor road safety activities in the state and will comprise of experts of Police, PWD, Education and Health Departments besides other supporting staff.
- Keeping in view the difficult topography of Chamba district and to encourage faculties to serve in Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru Government Medical College, Chamba, the Cabinet decided to provide incentive of Rs. 50,000 to Professor, Rs. 30,000 to Associate Professor and Rs. 20,000 per month to Assistant Professor over and above the contractual emoluments. It also decided to provide incentive of Rs. 15000 per month to tutors and senior resident doctors to encourage them to serve in this medical college.
- It gave its nod to start a new ‘Sahara’ scheme in the State under which Rs. 2000 per month would be provided to patients of economically weaker sections suffering from identified serious diseases. This would ensure financial assistance, support and social security measures to the patients suffering from these diseases.
- The Cabinet decided that a Transport Nagar at Solan will be established by Transport Department for which the land available with Urban Development department would be transferred to Transport Department.
- The Cabinet decided to fill up 113 posts of Forest Guards in Forest Department on contract basis to ensure proper protection and conservation of forest wealth in the State.
- The Cabinet also decided to fill up 14 posts of Junior Accounts Auditor in Local Audit Department on contract basis through direct recruitment.
- It also gave its consent to open Primary Health Centre at Dhaliyara in Kangra district along with creation and filling up of requisite posts to man this institution.
- It gave its nod to fill up 15 posts of Assistant Professors in different departments in Dr. Radhakrishanan Government Medical College, Hamirpur on regular basis through H.P. Public Service Commission to ensure smooth functioning of this medical college.
- The Cabinet put its seal to upgrade Primary Health Centre, Sulah in district Kangra to Community Health Centre along with creation and filling up of 18 posts of different categories for this centre.
- It decided to fill up 14 posts of Assistant Professors in various departments in Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar Government Medical College, Nahan to ensure proper functioning of this health institution.
- The Cabinet decided to upgrade the Town Planning Office Palampur to Sub Divisional Town Planning Office along with creation of requisite posts for its better functioning.
- The Cabinet gave its approval to fill up six posts of sanitary inspectors in Municipal Councils of the State proper hygiene in these Municipal Councils.
- It decided to fill up 19 posts of Statistical Assistant on contract basis in Agriculture Department through direct recruitment.
- It also decided to fill up 10 posts of Junior Office Assistant (IT) in Agriculture Department on contract basis through Himachal Pradesh Staff Selection Commission.
- The Cabinet gave its approval to fill up 40 posts of Steno Typists in Irrigation and Public Health Department through direct recruitment on contract basis.
- It gave its nod to open new Sub Division of Irrigation and Public Health Department at Sulah and new Section at Thakurdwara in Kangra district along with requisite posts.
- HP Cabinet decisions- Part-II