SHIMLA : The State Cabinet meeting, held here today under the Chairmanship of Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur decided to give its approval to draft notification of ‘Mukhya Mantri Swavlamban Yojana- 2018 to promote self employment opportunities in the State in order to provide livelihood to local youth by encouraging local entrepreneurship.
- It also decided to launch Himachal Grihni Suvidha Yojna for women empowerment and environmental conservation in the State. Under this scheme the State Government would provide security for LPG connections and Gas Stove to remaining households which were not covered under ‘Ujjawala’ Scheme being run by the Central Government.
- The Cabinet gave its approval to increase the honorarium of office bearers of Panchayati Raj Institutions in the State. The honorarium of Chairman Zila Parishad has been increased from Rs. 8000 to Rs. 11000, Vice Chairman of Zila Parishad from Rs. 6000 to Rs. 7500, Member Zila Parishad from Rs. 3500 to Rs. 4500, Chairman Panchayat Samiti from 5,000 to Rs. 6500, Vice Chairman, Panchayat Samiti from Rs. 3500 to Rs. 4500, Member Panchayat Samiti from 3000 to Rs. 4000, Pradhan Gram Panchayat from Rs. 3000 to Rs. 4000 and honorarium of Up Pradhan Gram Panchayat has been enhanced from Rs. 2200 to Rs. 2500. Similarly, meeting allowance of member Gram Panchayat has been enhanced to Rs. 240 per meeting from existing Rs. 225 with maximum two meetings in a month.
It gave its nod to enhance State share of honorarium of anganwari workers, anganwari helpers and mini anganwari workers from Rs. 1450 to Rs. 1750, from Rs. 600 to Rs.900 and from Rs. 750 to Rs. 1050 per month respectively. With this enhancement, now the anganwari workers will get honorarium of Rs. 4750, anganwari helpers will get Rs. 2400 and mini anganwari workers will receive honorarium of Rs. 3300 per month.
- The Cabinet decided to increase annual scholarship under ‘Dr. Ambedkar Medhavi Chhatravriti Yojna’ from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 12000 and increase the number of students eligible for this scholarship in 10+1+2 classes from 2000 to 2500.
- The Cabinet gave its approval to relax the condition prospectively for grant of full pension on completion of 33 years of qualifying service to all class-III and class-IV government employees who seek voluntary/premature retirement by modifying the notification issued by Finance Department on 11th November, 2014.
- Earlier, the State Government vide notification referred above has inserted a provision that the Government employees seeking voluntary/premature retirement in their own interest and have rendered minimum service of 20 years but less than 33 years shall be entitled to pro-rata pension against 33 years. Meaning thereby, such government employees shall be entitled to get full pension only on completion of 33 years of qualifying service.
- It also gave its approval to fill up 333 posts of different categories on contract basis in National Health Mission, Himachal Pradesh to provide better health care facilities to the people of the State.
- The Cabinet while reviewing the departmental working of MPP and Power Department decided to make electricity complaint system more effective especially installation of new connections. It also stressed to bring distribution losses on zero basis. It also stressed to form quick action team at divisional level so that action could be taken immediately in case of emergent situation.
The Cabinet also stressed that all projects nearing completion should be commissioned at the earliest and work on other projects should be speeded up. It also emphasized the need for making arrangements of Solar cookers in Mid Day meal programme and anganwari centres.
- It also emhpasised that department should work on the targets that there is no power cuts in industrial units as well as in rural areas.
- It stressed the need to solve the problem of low voltage and inventory system should be adopted so that there is no shortage.
- It decided to upgrade Government Middle School, Jhudowal in Una district to Government High School, Government Middle Schools Piplagaloo, Naun, Janjhar and Burahta in Mandi district to Government High Schools. It also decided to upgrade Government High School Tarour in Mandi district to Government Senior Secondary School, Government High Schools, Churdi and Sasan in Una district to Senior Secondary Schools. Approval was also accorded to create and fill up as many as 38 posts of teaching staff to man these educational institutions.
- The Cabinet also decided to open Health Sub Centre at Gram Panchayat Tharu and upgrade Primary Health Centre Baroh to Community Health Centre in Kangra district alongwith creation and filling up of requisite posts to manage these health institutes.
- It also gave its consent to create and fill up one post pharmacist each and one post class-IV employee each in Primary Health Centres at Buhar, Marotan, Gahgori, Guru Ka Lahaur, Malyawar and Rishikesh in Bilaspur district and PHC Chakmoh in Hamirpur district for smooth functioning of these health institutions.
- It decided to fill up 15 vacant posts of staff nurses in Kamla Nehru Mother and Child State Hospital, Shimla.
- The Cabinet gave its approval to fill up 10 posts of drivers in Agriculture Department on daily wage basis.
- It decided to fill up seven posts of Welfare Organizers in Sainik Welfare Department on contract basis.
- It also gave its nod to fill up six posts of Manual Assistant in Weight and Measure Organization of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Department on contract basis through direct recruitment.
- The Cabinet accorded its approval to fill up seven vacant posts of Junior Office Assistant (IT) in Scheduled Caste, Other Backwards Classes, Minorities and Specially Abled Empowerment Department through Himachal Pradesh Staff Selection Commission Hamirpur on contract basis.
- It gave its consent to create and fill up four posts of Junior Office Assistant (IT) on contract basis through direct recruitment in Electrical Inspectorate of MPP and Power Department.
- The Cabinet decided to create and fill up five posts of various categories in Panchayati Raj Department to man the Camp Office at Thunag in Home Constituency of the Chief Minister.
- It also gave its approval to bring Gram Panchayat Gadaparli, Shanghad, Dehuridhar, Shesher presently under Police Post Neuli (Sainj) to Police Station Bhunter in Kullu district.
- It also approved to transfer Gram Panchayat Harnota, Dasoli, Bhol, Vanoli under Police Station Nurpur to Police Station Jwali in Kangra district.