- Token tax on tractors used for agriculture purpose exempted
- HP Heritage Tourism Policy approved
SHIMLA: The Cabinet in its meeting held here today approved to exempt the token tax on tractors used for agriculture purpose. It also removed the condition of minimum one-hectare land for acquiring the tractors for agriculture purpose and recovery of arrears of token tax has been stayed till further directions. Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh presided over the meeting.
To offer an experience of the culture and heritage of Himachal Pradesh, the cabinet approved the ‘Himachal Pradesh Heritage Tourism Policy’- 2017. The policy aims to preserve the heritage buildings, forts, palaces, lodges, mansions etc. having historic lineage spanning from princely States to British Raj times and to make them maintainable in a sustained manner. This would open new areas in the State for tourism activities.
The policy envisages offering the tourists a glimpse of historical and cultural heritage of Himachal Pradesh and first hand experiencing of lifestyles and traditions from the times of princely States and also the architectural grandeur of British times.
The Cabinet decided to approve ‘Mukhya Mantri Rural Road Repair Scheme’ under MNREGA for rural roads. The roads to be renovated would be selected by the concerned Panchayats after approval in Gram Sabha and thereafter would be included in MNREGA. The roads repaired under the scheme would be inspected from time to time by the competent authority. This would not only provide employment to the village people but also improve the condition of roads.
The Cabinet gave its approval to provide regular pay scale to 105 computer operators with effect from 1 July, 2017, who have completed three years of their engagement under MNREGA till 31st March, 2017 along-with allowances from MNREGA administrative contingency.
The Cabinet also approved to enhance the honorarium of Panchayat Chowkidars to Rs 4000 per month.
It was decided to frame a policy for re-employment of motivators engaged in externally aided projects as Mid Himalayan watershed development Project.
Approval was accorded to upgrade Sub-Divisonal Veterinary Hospital (SDVH) Mangwain to Zonal Veterinary Hospital in district Mandi.
Other Important Decisions
- The Cabinet gave its approval to adopt standard staffing pattern/model organizational structure in Election Department as fixed by Election Commission of India.
- The Cabinet decided to open Industrial Training Institute at Nerwa and at Summerkot in district Shimla.
- Approval was accorded to create patwar circle at Barang along-with creation of post of patwari in Kalpa Tehsil of Kinnaur district.
- It was decided to construct PWD Rest House at Kutara in tehsil Rohru of Shimla district.
- The Cabinet decided to open Sub Divisional Police Office at Sangrah in district Sirmaur.
- It also decided to open Police Post at Khadrala in tehsil Rohru in district Shimla.
- The Cabinet decided to declare Devta Sahib Laxmi Narayan, Nogli Mela in district Shimla as District level Fair.
- The cabinet also approved the amendment in Recruitment and Promotion rules in IPH department to provide additional promotional quota to work inspectors.
- The Cabinet decided to appoint 110 staff nurses for Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru Government Medical College, Chamba and 13 more staff nurses in health department.
- The Cabinet gave its nod to upgrade 24 Sub Centers 12 each in districts Kangra and Sirmaur as Health and Wellness Centers on pilot basis through Hindustan Latex Ltd.
- The Cabinet gave its approval to upgrade CHC Berthin to 50 bed Civil Hospital in district Bilaspur along-with creation of requisite staff.
- The Cabinet decided to upgrade PHC Pangna to Community Health Centre (CHC) in district Mandi along-with requisite staff.
- It decided to upgrade PHC Maraog in Chopal Tehsil, in Shimla district to CHC.
- Approval was given by the Cabinet to open Health Sub Centre (HSC) at Shangroli (Bamta) in Chopal Tehsil, district Shimla along-with creation of requisite staff.
- The Cabinet decided to open HSC at Kasol in district Kullu along-with requisite staff.
- It was decided in the meeting to upgrade HSC Salot to PHC in Mandi district along-with creation of three posts.
- The Cabinet gave its nod to open Ayurveda Health Centre (AHC) at Banni in tehsil Rakkar of district Kangra.
- The Cabinet decided to create one post of Deputy Drug Controller in Health and Family Welfare department.
- The Cabinet gave its nod to upgrade veterinary dispensary Thalatukhod in district Mandi and veterinary dispensary Giyu in district Lahaul-Spiti district to veterinary hospitals along-with creation of requisite staff for these institutes.
- The Cabinet agreed to start PG classes in English and Commerce at Government College, Nerwa in district Shimla from academic session 2017-18.
- Approval was given by the Cabinet to open Primary School at Faija Baag in GP Kiran of Education Block Nerwa in Shimla district and upgrade Primary School Satrol to Middle School in Solan district, GPS Sharana and GPS Basdhera in Drang constituency to Middle Schools.
- The Cabinet decided to upgrade Government High School Kuthar to Government Senior Secondary School in newly created Nerwa tehsil of Chopal assembly constituency of Shimla district.
- The Cabinet gave its approval to rename Government Senior Secondary School, Chadiyar in district Kangra as Bakshi Pratap Singh Government Senior Secondary School, Chadiyar.