Shimla : • The Law & Order situation in the State is fully under control. The Govt. is committed to the safety of properties of the residents of the State and their security.
- During the last ten years the most crime prone year was 2011 when 18,875 criminal cases were registered. In the last four year (2013-2016) a total of 67,325 cases have been registered whereas in comparison during the period 2009-2012, a total of 69,039 cases were registered which is 1,714 more than the last four years.
- Annual average registration of crime for the period 2008-2012 was 17,416 whereas for the period 2013-16 it was 16,831.
- During the last four years the state witnessed a total of 442 murders, whereas during the preceding four years the figure was 498. During 2013-2016 the average annual murder reported was 110, whereas during 2008-2012 the annual average was 125 murders. As is evident the last four years have seen a significant reduction in murders in the state.
- Culpable homicide during the last four years was 25, whereas in the preceding four years there were 35 cases. We have seen reduction of 28% under this head.
- During last four year a total of 2,501 cases of thefts were registered whereas during the preceding four years, the figures were 3,470. During 2013 to 2016 the annual average of theft cases was 625, whereas during 2008 to 2012 the annual average was 924, which shows drastic reduction in the theft cases during last four years.
- During last four year a total of 2,811 cases of burglaries were registered, whereas during the preceding four years, the number of burglaries were 3,152. During 2013 to 2016 the annual average of burglary cases was 702, whereas during 2008 to 2012 the annual average was 785. Thus significant reduction in burglaries was witnessed during the last four years.
Pages: 1 2