Virbhadra Singh, Chief Minister Himachal Pradesh presented the Economic Survey 2016-17 of Himachal Pradesh in the Vidhan Sabha today. This document has been prepared by Economics and Statistics Department, Himachal Pradesh. The main highlights of the document is appended below:-
1. The Growth rate of the Pradesh for the current financial year 2016-17 has been estimated at 6.8%. Per Capita Income is estimated at 1,47,277 during 2016-17.
2. The GSDP of State at current prices in 2015-16 increased to 1,13,667 crore from 1,04,177 crore in 2014-15 and as per advance estimates it is likely to be about 1,24,570 crore in 2016-17.
3. The growth rate during Twelfth Plan i.e. 2012-17 has been estimated at 7.2%.
4. 2,061 Bank branches are functioning in the State as on 30.09.2016. This has increased by 106 Banks from the previous year.
5. The Credit Deposit Ratio of Pradesh is 55.64.
6. The average population per branch in the State comes to 3,330 against National level of 11,000.
7 . The total revenue of 4,634.01 crore have been moblised upto December, 2016.
8. During December 2015 to December 2016 the All India Wholesale Price Index shows an inflation rate of 3.4%.
9. The Consumer Price Index for Himachal Pradesh increased by 3.4% in December, 2016.
10 . There are 18,26,390 ration card holders which are being provided with essential commodities through 4,891 fair price shops.
11. There are 146 Gas agencies, 362 Petrol pumps and 28 wholesale kerosene oil dealers working in the state.
12 . The Agriculture sector in the State generates about 10% to the total Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP).
13. 7.14 lakh Kisan Credit Cards have been distributed upto September, 2016.
14. During the year 2015-16, the food-grains production is 16.34 lakh MT against the achieved production of 16.08 lakh MT during the year 2014-15, thus registered a increase of 1.6 percent. For 2016-17 it is anticipated at 16.00 lakh MT.
15. Fruit production was 5.10 lakh tonne in 2016-17 (upto Dec., 2016) against 9.29 lakh tonne in 2015-16. Apple constitutes about 84% of total fruit production. During 2016-17 (upto Dec., 2016) 4.56 lakh tonne of apple were produced against 7.77 lakh tonne in 2015-16.
16 . Under Weather Based Crop Insurance Scheme (WBCIS) 36 blocks for Apple, 41 blocks for Mango, 15 blocks for Kinnow and 13 blocks for Plum have been covered.
17. During the year 2015-16, One State Level Hospital, 368 Veterinary Hospitals, 1,773 Veterinary Dispensaries, 30 Central Veterinary Dispensaries 9 Polyclinics and 6 Veterinary check posts provide veterinary aid in the State.
18. Two children of sheep breeders studying in 9th to 12th classes are provided with scholarship of 1,200 per year.
19. 1.00 has been increased in milk procurement rates w.e.f. 1.04.2016 which will benefit 42,000 families.
20. 50% cattle subsidy is being provided in Solan, Hamirpur and Kinnaur.
21. About 6,098 fishermen in the Pradesh depend directly on fisheries for their livelihood.
22. 33,471 hand pumps have been installed upto March, 2016.
23 . There are 576 medium and large scale industries and about 43,420 small scale industries presently working in the State.